Click here for MTH invitations.
MaritimeLog members – research assistant, Mariia Dushenko, and doctoral research fellow, Laura Busa, attended the Subsea Valley (SSV) conference to catch up on the latest trends in energy and technology, and, of course, to network and mingle.
The SSV conference brings together eminent industry leaders who share their views with the audience on topics such as energy, technology, innovation and current industrial and market issues.
The conference started with the word-class key notes from Greg Demichillie, Director of Product Management, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud at Google, and Malcolm Frank, CSO and CMO at Cognizant, author of the book “What To Do When Machines Do Everything”.
The speakers addressed the most recent technological trends (buzzwords) such as digitalization, sustainability, electrification, autonomy, virtual/ mixed reality and blockchain. However, these topics were approached pragmatically in order to avoid buzzword compliance. Further, attention was drawn to the changing business models due to digitalization and digital leadership.
MaritimeLog ladies attended Technical Masterclass sessions:
- Autonomy by Asgeir Sørensen (Professor and Director, NTNU AMOS)
- Blockchain by Christian Lassen (Nordic Leader, IBM Blockchain) and Harald Wesenberg (Specialist Information Technology, IT software Innovation, Statoil)
- Digital Platforms by Annabelle Gawer (Professor of Digital Economy, Surrey Business School, Surrey)
Digital Park sessions:
- Big Data in a nutshell by Heidi Dahl (Research Scientist, SINTEF Digital)
- How to design for the new Mixed Reality by Lene Nævdal (Senior interaction designer, Sopra Steria)
- Digital requirements, digital twins and digital threads by Arild Waaler (Professor, Centre for Scalable Data Access, UiO) and Anders Gjerver (Aibel)
3D printing session:
- Design in metal for additive manufacturing: for cost- effective production by Didrik Sørlie (Application Engineer DMLS, Tronrud Engineering)
We thank Preben Strøm, Managing Director, Subsea Valley, for extending an invitation to USN and giving USN researchers the opportunity to attend this conference.
Click here for NRK Østafjells Distrikstsnyheter news report.